To recognize and support excellence in clinical nursing practice in perianesthesia nursing.
The 2017 award deadline was November 30, 2016. Nominations are now closed.
The 2018 award deadline is November 30, 2017.
- A current member of ASPAN AND CPAN and/or CAPA certified.
- Registered nurse currently involved in the direct care of perianesthesia patients whose clinical practice is consistent with the standards of ASPAN.
- Minimum five years’ direct care experience in perianesthesia nursing.
- A practitioner whose practice exemplifies a high-level of compassion and specialty expertise documented by peers and/or patients/families as validated by two letters of reference.
- A practitioner who is a recognized expert in clinical nursing practice as shown by his/her contributions to and support of perianesthesia nursing.
- Participates actively in nursing programs, committees or projects resulting in contributions to perianesthesia nursing.
Contributions and activities used in the evaluation process for the award must have been completed within the past five years.
For more information on selection criteria, click here.
- Engraved Crystal Plaque
- Complimentary registration to the 2019 ASPAN National Conference (non-transferable)
- Economy airfare to 2019 National Conference (non-transferable)
- Host hotel accommodations for four nights at 2019 National Conference (non-transferable)
- Announcement in Breathline
Nomination forms for the 2018 Excellence in Clinical Practice Award will be available here August 2017.