~ Click for a sample Entry Form
~ Click for a sample Evaluation Form
~ Click here for a list of Past Newsletter Contest Winners
Contest is announced and an email consisting of a cover letter, criteria and an entry form is sent to Component Presidents, Vice Presidents and Editors for each Component.
- Copies of newsletters and entry forms are returned and collected until deadline date
- Recent Past Winners are not eligible for the main contest but are eligible for the People’s Choice. For example; if your newsletter won in 2016 you are not eligible for the contests in 2017 or 2018 (two years) but can participate again in 2019. All newsletters can submit for the People’s Choice every year.
- A panel of judges is selected consisting of volunteers who are ASPAN members with previous experience as newsletter editors or have served as judges in past contests
- Judges are given approximately 4 weeks to review the newsletters and return the evaluation form
- Newsletters are judged in 3 page categories:
- Newsletters with 1 – 8 pages
- Newsletters with 9 – 14 pages
- Newsletters with 15 or more pages
- Every newsletter submitted for the contest will be displayed during National Conference for the People’s Choice Award. A ballot is given to each conference attendee and is collected and tallied.
- Each winner receives a check for $250. In the case of a tie, the prize is split between the winners.
- After Conference, each component receives a feedback letter along with the evaluation sheets submitted for their newsletter. Please note that there is no feedback for the People’s Choice portion of the contest as this is a popular vote done by ballot at National Conference.