To recognize and honor individuals whose dedication to excellence has furthered the art and science of perianesthesia nursing.
The 2017 award deadline was November 30, 2016. Nominations are now closed.
The 2018 award deadline is November 30, 2017.
- A current member of ASPAN.
- Demonstrates outstanding knowledge and expertise in the practice, education, research and/or management areas of perianesthesia nursing.
- Made contributions to or through perianesthesia nursing that have affected the community, region or country.
- Influenced perianesthesia nursing in a professional role nationally (spokesperson to Congress, writer/author, lecturer.)
- Is recognized by peers and others as an expert and leader in the field of perianesthesia nursing as validated by two letters of reference.
Contributions and activities used in the evaluation process for the award must have been completed within the past five years.
- Engraved Crystal Plaque
- Complimentary registration to the 2019 ASPAN National Conference (non-transferable)
- Economy airfare to 2019 National Conference (non-transferable)
- Host hotel accommodations for four nights at 2019 National Conference (non-transferable)
- Announcement in Breathline
Nomination forms for the 2018 Award for Outstanding Achievement will be available here August 2017.