Excellence in Clinical Practice Award 2023
The 2023 nomination deadline was November 30, 2022. Nominations are now closed.
Information for the Excellence in Clinical Practice Award 2024
- A current Active Category member of ASPAN and a component for the past two full years immediately prior to the nomination deadline of November 30, 2023
- Registered nurse who is CPAN and/or CAPA certified
- Registered nurse currently involved in the direct care of perianesthesia patients whose clinical practice is consistent with the standards of ASPAN
- Minimum five years’ direct care experience in perianesthesia nursing
- A practitioner whose practice exemplifies a high-level of compassion and specialty expertise documented by peers and/or patients/families as validated by two letters of reference
- A practitioner who is a recognized expert in clinical nursing practice as shown by his/her contributions to and support of perianesthesia nursing
- Participates actively in nursing programs, committees or projects resulting in contributions to perianesthesia nursing
Contributions and activities used in the evaluation process for the award must have been completed within the past five years.
For more information on selection criteria, click here.
- Engraved Crystal Plaque
- Complimentary registration to the 2025 ASPAN National Conference (non-transferable)
- Economy airfare to 2025 National Conference (non-transferable)
- Host hotel accommodations for four nights at 2025 National Conference (non-transferable)
- Announcement in Breathline
Nomination Form and Instructions
Nomination forms for the 2024 Excellence in Clinical Practice Award will be available here in August 2023.